Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Man or Wax Man?

I think camera phones are super obnoxious, but ultimately great for capturing unexpected moments. Too bad mine is super low resolution, damn old skool razor phone. I still managed to digi-click this one.

Maybe since I've been in a artsy mood things look different to me right now. Anyway, I'm in the UWM Student Union and on the landing of a stairwell is this guy sleeping extra hard. Understanding that this is the best rest he will get for the remainder of the night I can't knock him, because I'm sure he will be hustled out on to the streets as soon as the building closes. In this moment though, I could not help but think how cool of a public art sculpture he would be if he were wax, since he is not, he still manages to add interest to an otherwise drab stairwell, in actuality he is providing a public good by appearing as art, so his presumed indigence is not for naught... hmmm, ponder that thought.

1 comment: