Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Step into the A.M.: Resurrecting Tennis Shoes

I just finished my Air Flight 89 refurb project Nascar style. This project took way too long to finish. They are painted and airbrushed. I left my air brush at a friend's house for months thinking I would airbrush them. Then in the absence of my airbrush, I started playing around with paints and found the mixed-media to be pretty cool and easier to work with.



I always had this obsession, as a kid, with the phrase 'spic and span' and never could figure out where it came from. Obviously when I was old enough to learn about the brand of cleaning products it made even less sense. I'm not a huge Nascar fan but the advertising is so gaudy and blatantly consumerist, it's almost excusable.



I've got some other ideas and favorite color schemes and slogans to play off of... I have to go find some more beat up shoes, before I go full out on brand new kicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment